Shortfuse Games is a Swedish game and software development company that focuses on developing own game productions and software consulting. Founded in 2008 the company has developed several games, including the popular fighting game Colosseum. The game was released on Xbox LIVE Community Games in November 2008.
What is a video game?
A video game is an electronic game that involves either animal or human interaction with a user interface. This creates a visual feedback on a TV screen or computer monitor. There are different consoles made by game companies which can offer you different games and experiences. For example Playstation or Xbox. The game controllers used when playing looks different depending on company or console, but they usually include features such as joysticks, mouses, keyboards, touchscreens and several buttons.
The first video game
The very first video game to be commercially sold was in 1971 and was called Computer Space. The space combat arcade game used a black-and-white TV screen for a display and was created by Nolan Bushnell and Ted Dabney in a partnership called Syzygy Engineering. The game features a rocket, controlled by the player, engaged in a missile battle with a pair of flying saucers. Within a set time, the goal is to score points by getting in hits on the enemy spaceships.
The video game was designed to be a coin-operated version of the game Spacewar, which was a space combat video game developed by Steve Russell in 1962.
5 easy tricks when playing video games
- When you’re staying in all day playing video games (which is the perfect way to spend a Sunday) it’s important to be comfortable. Getting a sore neck or a numb butt is never fun or welcome when all you want to do is have fun while being lazy. Invest in a good computer chair or armchair! You can find what you need at any furniture store.
- A lot of people can get headaches or nausea when they play video games, and stopping doing something fun just because of a silly headache is always irritating. But don’t be sad, there are of course a few things you can do to avoid this. A lot of games feature for example a shaking screen to add a more realistic feel, but this can actually make a lot of people motion sick. Try turning it off in settings, you can usually find it under “camera shake”, “view bobbing” or “realistic camera”.
- Be sure to have a lot of snacks in your near surroundings. Having to go all the way to the kitchen to get something to eat just feels so far when you’re on a streak. Load up with both a real meal (for the body) and junk food, such as chips, popcorn and soda (for the soul).
- Even if playing video games for hours and hours is amazingly fun, it’s important to remember that there is a real world that you eventually have to go back to. So be aware of the time, maybe by purchasing a watch. Take a look online, there are a whole bunch of elegant time tellers to get your hands on!
- If you have a passion for video games, investing in a good computer is definitely something that is worth spending your money on. But do your research before getting your hands on a brand new computer, consult a knowing friend or get technically smarter using the internet. Search for the best prices.